In the case of a death, please follow these steps:
- Find out from the hospital when the body of the deceased can be released.
- Contact the Imam.
- Inform him of the death of the family member.
- Inform him of when the body can be released.
- Choose a funeral home where the body can be washed.
- ICM has a discounted price with Smith Funeral & Cremation Care
- Their phone number is: 304) 292-9494
- A group of volunteers will be assigned to wash the deceased.
- One member of the family is welcome to join the volunteers as well.
- Speak with the Imam to set a time for the Janaza prayer.
- Following the Janaza prayer, the body will be transported to the graveyard located at 100 Dewitt Farm Road, Morgantown, WV, 26508.
- The deceased will be buried, and a prayer will be conducted for them there.
- The funeral home you choose (or the one we offer) will have their own listed price.
- Smith Funeral & Cremation Care offers free services in the case of infant death.
- The cost of a grave spot is $1,000.
- Payment plans and waivers are available to those who can show need.
- The deceased must have been a known Muslim.